Small businesses and their supply chains in Scotland’s energy sector can now access up to £1 million in funding from the Circular Economy Investment Fund to help create new sustainable business opportunities.
The renewable energy sector represents a unique opportunity to embed circularity as part of the shift in energy infrastructure required to meet half of all Scottish energy needs from renewable sources by 2030.
The fund is open to applications from energy projects which demonstrate innovative and cost-competitive circular approaches to infrastructure design, operation and decommissioning – including:
- Wind turbine blade reprocessing solutions
- Re-purposing decommissioned oil and gas platform steel in the construction sector
- Reconditioning, re-certifying and re-using highly-standardised components from end of life oil and gas platforms into new installations
- Recycling solutions for heating systems such as gas boilers
- Digital monitoring, maintenance and re-manufacturing of energy asset components.
The deadline for funding applications is 4 Dec 2017.
11 Oct 2017