The House of Commons Energy and Climate Change Committee will hear evidence on two separate subjects – ‘Gas Storage’ and ‘Levy Control Framework’ – on Thursday, 28 November in the Grimond room, Portcullis House.
MPs will take evidence at 10.00 am from;
- Roddy Monroe, Chair, Gas Storage Operators Group,
- Dr Tony White, Co-Founder, BW Energy,
- George Grant, Director, Stag Energy
- Jo Vizor, Managing Director, E.ON Gas Storage UK Ltd;
This panel will explore a range of issues, including:
- the role of gas storage in energy security;
- the role of gas storage to reduce the cost of energy;
- the impact of gas storage on climate change targets; and
- the impact of the Government’s decision not to offer new subsidies for gas storage – which the Government claims will save taxpayers a £750 million subsidy.
Levy Control Framework at 11.45 am
John Fiennes, Director, Energy Strategy, Networks and Markets, Department of Energy (DECC) will give evidence on whether the Levy Control Framework is on track to achieve its objectives and the role of the LCF in increasing the use of low carbon technologies to generate electricity.