More than 10,000 workers have lost their jobs – mostly in the Grampian region – along with a further 55,000 in the wider UK-wide supply chain over the past two years since crude oil peaked at $110-barrel compared to less than half that today.
MPs will also question witnesses about progress on Maximising Economic Recovery and the impact of the slump on employment in the North Sea.
The committee – which is chaired by SNP MP Angus MacNeil (Western Isles) will take next week (11 May) evidence from:
- Tommy Campbell, Regional Organiser, UNITE
- Jake Malloy, Regional Organiser, Offshore Energy Branch, RMT Union
- Nunzia Florio, Communications Director, UK Petroleum Industry Association
- Dr Andy Samuel, Chief Executive, Oil and Gas Authority
- Deirdre Michie, Chief Executive, Oil & Gas UK