The list of finalists for the UK Oil and Gas Industry Safety Awards – due to be presented in Aberdeen on 30 April – has been announced.
Les Linklater, Step Change in Safety Team Leader, said that the event will demonstrate how the top safety representatives and safety leaders and the industry play their part in improving our safety performance. He added:
“On the day of the awards ceremony we will take the time to celebrate the contribution of safety representatives, safety leaders, people who’ve intervened to prevent incidents and those companies leading the way in safety innovation.
“Offshore safety has improved so much over the last 16 years and these awards are all about showcasing the positive things that are going on whilst recognising that there will always be more to do.”
The keynote address at the awards ceremony will be presented by lawyer Sir Charles Haddon-Cave QC, who led the Nimrod enquiry and inspirationally spoke at the Piper 25 Conference in 2013. Sir Charles is recognised as one the leading experts in the fields of aviation and maritime transport. The finalists are:
• Paul Craig, Safety Manager, North Star Shipping;
• Tom Gilchrist, Business Stream 3 Director, Wood Group
• Timothy Glasspool, Head of Flight Operations (Europe), Bristow Helicopters
• Bob Egan, Trade Foreman, Petrofac;
• Davy Murray, Elected Safety Representative Buzzard Platform, Nexen Petroleum
• David Thomson, Offshore Inspection Engineer, CAN.
Preventative Safety Action
• Helen Bowie, Lead HSE Advisor, Wood Group
• Derek Smith, Rigger/Deck Crew – Clyde, Wood Group PSN, Talisman Sinopec Contract;
• Mark Wood, Senior Process Engineer, Atkins Ltd.
Most Promising Individual
• Mike Bucheggar, 5th Week Lead Mechanical Technician, Talisman Sinopec Energy UK/ Wood Group
• Steven Farquhar, HSE Advisor, Wood Group
• Ruth Pirie, QSHE Advisor, Fisher Offshore.
Innovation in Safety
• DNV GL
• The North Sea Production Company;
• Wells Team, Shell UK Ltd.
• Carol Banks and Lucy Norval, Trustees of the Pound for Piper Memorial Trust
• Andy Nolan, Seconded Safety Rep and the HSE&A Department, Talisman Sinopec Energy UK;
• Gillian Taylor and Megan Brown, HSE Advisor and Incident-Free Manager, Maersk Oil
• Emma Roberts, Area Operations Health and Safety Advisor (Safety and Operational Risk), BP;
• RigRun Ltd;
• Well Track by Sodexo.
Ideas in Safety Prize:
• Aberdeen Drilling Consultants;
• Ayssar Hanza, BP Process Safety Engineer
• Bronson Larkins, BP Well Interventions Engineer