Andrea Leadsom, MP – the junior UK Energy Minister – is due to give evidence to MPs on ‘the impact of Govt. policy on confidence in the energy sector’
Given her role as a victorious British Independence champion in last week’s EU referendum, this is likely to be a lively meeting with MPs on the Commons’ Energy Committee on Wednesday.
The meeting will also explore a number of themes arising from the Committee’s report on investor confidence in the UK energy sector, including; –
- Levels of investment in new and existing projects, and
- Support for energy projects (e.g. Contracts-for-Difference and the Levy Control Framework)
Leadsom will be supported by Jeremy Allen, Head of Investor Relations and Deputy Director, Commercial Directorate at DECC.
MPs are also investigating UK progress towards de-carbonising the transport industry, development and market penetration of renewable-fuels for transport and the electrification of heating. Witness include:
- Stewart Reid, Head of Innovation, SSE
- Dr. Nina Skorupska, Chief Executive, Renewable Energy Association
- Dale Vince, Chief Executive, Ecotricity, and
- Hugh Tucker, Technical Director, UK Petroleum Industry Association