Members of the Lords’ Economic Affairs Committee are due tomorrow (29 Nov) to question the following officials from DeBEIS:
- Ashley Ibbett, Director of Clean Electricity
- Dan Monzani, Head of Energy Security
- Paro Konar-Thakkar, Head of Energy Economics and Analysis.
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- How much do measures to encourage low-carbon energy sources, such as offshore wind farms, add to the energy costs for consumers, businesses and industry?
- What impact will Brexit have on energy policy?
- The wholesale cost of electricity is falling: why haven’t energy bills fallen further and faster?
You can watch the session live at www.parliamentlive.tv from 3.30pm