A spokesman said: “Advances in technology and rapid cost reductions mean that our industry can generate further economic and environmental benefit to Scotland and the UK, providing affordable energy for households and business and driving clean growth across the country.
“Much of that growth has been powered by Scotland, which accounts for a quarter of the UK’s renewable electricity generation – a sector which now supports some 26,000 jobs north of the Border.
- Maintain commitment to climate change targets
- Unlock investment in lowest-cost forms of energy
- Continue the growth of less-established technologies
- Accelerate the decarbonisation of heat and transport within an integrated energy system
- Enable local communities to benefit from clean growth
- Support research and innovation to deliver a smarter energy system
- Back our world-leading low-carbon energy sector
Scots Energy Minister accepts call from Scotland’s Renewable Forum for ‘system-wide approach’ to de-carbonising heat and transport in new Scottish Energy Strategy