MPs on the House of Commons’ Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence on Electricity demand-side measures today (2 September 2014).
The session will explore a range of issues, including issues surrounding National Grid’s Demand Side Balancing Reserve, the treatment of demand-side response in the Capacity Market – including in the transitional arrangements – and issues to do with the Government’s Electricity Demand Reduction pilot
MPs will take evidence from the following witnesses from 9.45 am:
- Duncan Burt, Head of Commercial Operations, System Operation, National Grid
- Phil Jones, Chief Executive, Northern Powergrid
- Sara Bell, Executive Director, UK Demand Response Association
- Yoav Zingher, Co-founder, KiWi Power
- Zoe Leader, Climate and Energy Specialist, WWF
At 11.15 am, Matthew Hancock MP, Minister of State for Energy, Department of Energy and Climate Change, will give evidence.
Ed Davey, UK Secretary of State for Energy, is due to give evidence on Thursday this week.