The Aberdeen-based UK Oil and Gas Authority has made a number of management appointments to complete its executive team, which is tasked with ‘knocking heads together’ in Big Oil companies to maximise N. Sea oil and gas production, as follows: –
- Gunther Newcombe – Director, Exploration and Production
- Angela Seeney – Director, Technology and Projects
- Hedvig Ljungerud – Director, Policy, Performance and Economics
- John Ogden – Chief Financial Officer.
These new directors will report directly to Dr. Andy Samuel, Chief Executive, and will sit on the OGA management team alongside Simon Toole, Director, Licensing and Legal, and Stuart Payne, Director of Change and Organisational Design, who were appointed earlier this year.
The OGA has also completed its recruitment of senior managers to oversee exploration and production activities across the different sectors of the UK North Sea. Reporting to Gunther Newcombe, Director, Exploration and Production, the OGA has appointed:
- Brenda Wyllie – Area Manager, Northern North Sea and West of Shetland
- Scott Robertson – Area Manager, Central North Sea and
- Nick Richardson – Exploration and New Ventures Manager.
Recruitment of the area manager for the Southern North Sea and Morecambe Bay is ongoing and a candidate will be appointed shortly.
Samuel said: “Given the many challenges currently facing our industry my priority is to move quickly to establish the OGA as a strong and effective regulator. The creation of this high-calibre leadership team is an important milestone.”