By DARA BUTTERFIELD
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC), North Sea Chapter has recognised the very best in safety performance at its annual Safety Awards Ceremony held in Aberdeen.
A number of awards were presented to companies and installations for their safety record over the last year, with the awards for best safety performance in 2014 going to North Atlantic Drilling and Noble Drilling in the Jack-ups category; Awilco Drilling and Transocean in the Floating Rigs category and Odjfell Drilling in Platform drilling.
John Atkinson, Regional Director, IADC, said: “Once again our North Sea Chapter members have to be congratulated in presenting some outstanding results in the 2014 Safety Awards categories, the judging panel were impressed by the number of individual units returning zero or very low recordable incidents against the criteria used in the evaluation process.
“An ongoing focus on improving safety remains very much one of the pillars in our strategy to catalyse improved performance alongside operational efficiency and managing the market reality in these tough times we now find ourselves in”.
The full list of winners is as follows:
ASSOCIATE MEMBER AWARD: Falck Safety Services
BEST SAFETY PERFORMANCE AWARDS 2014
- Winner – Under 1 million manhours North Atlantic Drilling
- Winner – Over 1 million manhours Noble Drilling
- Runner up – Over 1 million manhours Ensco
- Winner Under 1 million manhours Awilco Drilling
- Runner up – Under 1 million manhours Stena Drilling
- Winner – Over 1 million manhours Transocean
- Winner Odfjell Drilling
- Best Safety Performance 2014 Jack-up Ensco 92, Ensco
- Best Safety Performance 2014 Floating Rig WilHunter, Awilco Drilling
- Best Safety Performance 2014 Platform Murchison, KCA Deutag