Tick. Tock. Time marches on towards D-Day – the deadline day of 7 December 2016 when the chief clerk of the Scottish parliament has to publish the publicly-held register of meetings held by Holyrood MSPs.
Yet day and daily, MSPs continue to dig their heels in and refuse to voluntarily declare the same information in their Holyrood Diaries which will be forced into the light of day by their clerk.
Meanwhile, the freedom of information disclosure order sought by Scottish Energy News is generating much interest from the Scottish energy industry.
The extensive list of those very keen to know the contents of the MSPs’ Secret Holyrood Diaries includes:
Very senior managers from
- Scottish & Southern Energy
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Scottish Renewables
- Various wind power developers
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
- GE Group
- Wood Group
- Aiberdeen University / Aberdeen University
- AE Com (who were contracted by the Scot-Govt. as one of the expert scientific contributors to its shale gas review)
In addition to senior lawyers from;
- CMS Cameron McKenna
- Shepherd Wedderburn
As well as major media outlets; –
- Scottish news agencies