* Single UK-wide market for gas and electricity to continue
* Government to set up Scottish Energy Fund – a Norway-style sovereign wealth fund to finance new oil and gas exploration and to smooth receipts from oil income
* ‘Green-tax levies’ to be moved to Scottish income taxation
* Maximising ongoing investment in renewable energy
* ‘No new Scottish nuclear power’ pledge
* New independent National Regulatory Authority for Energy to be set up
The Scottish Energy News desk team is preparing detailed reports on these key Scottish Government policies in its Independence White Paper, published today by First Minister Alex Salmond.
Visit www.ScottishEnergyNews.com during the day to get these full reports.
There will be a repeat statement on the White Paper at 2pm this afternoon to Holyrood MPs in the Scottish Parliament and a parliamentary debate on the White Paper tomorrow.